Sunday, March 2, 2008

What Makes Me Read an Article?

One of the most important category of reading an article is the topic. I read according to what I like--my interests--primarily human interests stories, movies, music, theatre, books, etc.

I prefer reading witty and intelligent write-ups. I hate reading a non-sense article that does not have a point and wastes my time. Moreover, I don't like reading articles that are too stiff or too dry to the point that it bores me to death. The article has to be creative and the lead has to grab my attention. In other words, articls that are beautifully crafted entices me to shell out money and buy the newspaper or magazine from the bookstore or newstand. If the article is ugly, I will just chuck it in the trashcan or even worse, burn it with my lighter if the article is really disgusting.

No comments: